Every PV company needs good sales people.
With our class, you'll be one of the best - and most successful - in the industry.
In three days, you'll receive a comprehensive knowledge of PV sales: how to assess a customer’s consumption, residence, and future requirements; how to determine and apply relevant financial incentives and rebates to minimize customer’s costs; how to calculate and present the financial (and non financial) benefits with full analysis; how to prepare a scoping proposal for PV lead installers to begin site inspection, layout, design, and final system costing.
I. Qualify the Customer:
II. Financial Costs, Incentives, and Savings
- Analyze the electric bill - fuels, seasonal usages, energy efficiency of building
- Perform remote site assessment - orientation, shading, roof composition, obstructions
- Identify customer needs - future energy needs, financial budget, time frames
- Create 'scoping' estimate - estimate array size and price, develop price range and savings estimate
- Identify jurisdictional issues - homeowners, city, county restrictions
- Manage customer expectations - clearly explain what PV can and cannot do when grid connected, explain warranties, system life expectancy, aesthetics, etc.
III. Financial Benefit Analysis and Financing
- Explain types of incentives and net cost(s) - any local tax credits, grants, RECs, PBIs, etc.
- Explain types of utility rates and net electric bill savings - local utility policies and tariffs, rate structures, demand charges, etc.
IV. Proposal Preparation
- Calculate financial analysis - cash flow, electric bill savings, years to payback, simple return on investment, impacts on property values
- Evaluate financing options - cash, home equity, Power Purchase Agreements and leasing, loans, etc.
- Non Financial benefit analysis - environmental impacts of going solar.
- Use of software packages to prepare professional, reliable proposals.
We explain the basics of solar PV and electricity, extensively review all of the software available for calculating system costs and savings, and role play to get students comfortable with both the 'normal' and 'odd' questions.
24 hours of classroom lecture and interaction with instructor, and our textbook, Practical PV: An Illustrated Guide to Photovoltaics.
Bakersfield, CA $ 995
Elsewhere: please email us for a quote.